View Single Post
Old 04-17-20, 12:21 PM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
So, I'm still getting out and about. Just not finding the time to pull pictures from my GoPro.

"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded." The Yogi Berra-ism has come true. The urban legend that the Minuteman is a pandemic death trap means that few are out walking or riding on the Minuteman. Of course, the weather is currently beautiful for many of us, we'll see what happens in May when the weather approaches 70 degrees.

(On the other hand, Somerville Community Path often is too crowded.)

Anyhow, I still go out on lonely rides, still inexplicably bring a ulock along .

Some recent shots:

March 28, I was an early adopter of riding with a mask, wearing a summer neck gaiter. There's are tradeoffs to make with riding with a mask. Other masks would be more effective UNTIL they get wet, but they rapidly get wet. This gets at most damp, plus on the bike there are so few close encounters of the less than six foot kind anyway. I'm waiting for curbside ravioli, so this was an "essential errand":

April 15, note the tactical urbanism touch of the Purell Stand in the middle of the Alchemist. This was an excersize run to MIT and back on Mass Ave:

-mr. bill
Likes For mr_bill: