View Single Post
Old 06-30-20, 02:41 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8265 Post(s)
Liked 9,000 Times in 4,456 Posts
Originally Posted by seedsbelize
Some of us are just wired that way. I used to travel in Guatemala in the winter. Around the holidays, people would buy as much as they could afford. They were used in parades, religious ceremonies. I, of course, could afford lots. There was one festival in particular, where professional grade sky rockets were set off from the ground(a 3"pipe welded to a steel plate). We'd be strolling along and all of a sudden people were moving. Then you'd hear/feel the whump. Some of us live for that sound in close quarters.
One year my wife had an early flight New Year's Day, so we stayed in Guatemala City overnight. I awoke a little past midnight and listened for the next 45 minutes. War zone or thunderstorm. Neighborhood by neighborhood.
Good times
No, I am not a Viet Nam vet.
I'm not a Viet Nam vet either. Had a high lottery number then Tricky Dick ended the draft. Never got into fireworks or blowing stuff up. It's ok at a sporting event or 4th of July or New Year's Eve, but EVERY night, no. It's rude and inconsiderate. When I lived in the unincorporated hills there were never fireworks.