Old 07-09-20, 04:04 PM
GeneO 

Bikes: 2018 Roubaix Expert Di2, 2016 Diverge Expert X1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Kid
While we're on this thread, how many on this list has called someone to pick them up due to the fact, the bike broke down? I've only down it it once or twice. Also too, it was over 95F to change a flat!
Well three times that I can think of, getting picked up, but only one was breakdown related.

First I got a flat in mid 90F temps on a crushed limestone trail (man they reflect heat). I changed the tube then. a little further on, another flat. I couldn't take the heat to try and patch it so I walked the bike to the nearest road and got picked up. Guess I got some grit in when changing. Man that was miserable so I sympathize.

Second I just bonked and was getting near heat exhaustion in some 100F+ weather so I called ahead and got a lift.

Third was I got hit by a car in a crosswalk. My wife got the incident detection from my Garmin and called me before I was even off of the road. She picked me up and took me to the hospital. I had a minor cut that bled a lot, some bruises, and a badly sprained wrist for which i needed a brace. Bike frame was toast, though my auto insurance covered the full amount. Wasn't a bike breakdown though (if it were operational I wouldn't have been able to ride home)..