View Single Post
Old 01-03-15, 06:54 PM
grolby

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Wanderer
I guess, that if Grolby doesn't agree with you, that you aren't entitled to your opinion............. MHO
Says who? Of course he's entitled to it. And I'm entitled to tell him that his opinion is wrong and formed from the arrogance of inexperience.

Originally Posted by JeffOYB
The body-slams and face-slams and bike-slams are nasty penalty.
Okay, I'm going to have to do some explaining about bike racing here. I'll keep it simple: in bike race, sometimes you make boo-boo. Fall down and hurt face. Is ouchy, but is part of game. You no like, you no make mistake no more, or you no race no more. Is how all of bicycle racing always is.

Originally Posted by JeffOYB
? CX is a combo of riding and running.
This is why I say that you do not understand the sport and that you have an image in your head of cyclocross that does not match the reality. And instead of accepting that your mental picture is wrong, you've decided that the parts of 'cross that don't match that picture are what's wrong! The arrogance of this is kind of incredible. Cyclocross is a sport where sometimes it is faster or easier to complete certain course sections on foot. That does not mean that the essence of cyclocross is "a combo of riding and running." Running is often necessary in cyclocross, but it is a cycling sport. If you don't have to run in a cross race, there's no reason you should.

Last edited by grolby; 01-03-15 at 07:08 PM.