Old 01-31-18, 12:57 PM
Ygduf
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bikes: aggressive agreement is what I ride.

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
Maybe you're too qualified, and they worried you'd be bored if they gave you the job?

---

I may have sent out a resume or two after being told big raise may not happen.
nah, I'm bored as **** right now but might be seen as too valuable as I'm basically doing 3 people's jobs and running the entire workgroup, just not being compensated or respected for it. Maybe they just had better candidates, I don't know. But the last two people who filled the roles (multiple of them in different areas) came from positions lower than mine, and I've received "exceeds expectations" reviews for like 5 years running in a place where "exceeds" has to be explained and approved by the director-director.

I'll survive, but I'm bitter today.

I looked at the jobs listings around here and there's nothing that gives me the flexibility/compensation balance I have right now, which kind of leads to me feeling trapped. 21-month twins and bike racing hobby are both time consuming.

I may keep looking and get lucky, though. We're pretty financially solvent right now and that will improve greatly in a year when kids go to daycare instead having a nanny. I'll keep looking and pass the time plotting how to best twist the knife when I give like 1 day notice.