Flatballer
No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by furiousferret
A big issue at our job is the supervisors get paid less than the employees, so the only people that apply are megalomaniacs that just want to salt the earth. After our last 2 supervisors hires the 3 most talented programmers walked out the door. Losing those 3 was equal to 30 people.

I dunno how this could have happened with Doge and mattm as references.
What kind of place pays supervisors less than their employees? That's a recipe for disaster. Is it because of an exempt non exempt change when you make that switch?

My the branch manager asked me a few weeks ago if I wanted to try for the supervisor position vacated by my old boss after I and others complained about him. I was overwhelmed with a project and home life and in a down cycle of my depression so I said thanks but no. I'm regretting it now. It was mine to have and I might have set myself back. But when it's not actually going to pay more, and probably be even more work, it's hard to want that. He said there will be other opportunities, including a group manager role, so that's fine. I think that's something I'd be more interested in since it would be more of an advisory role with only a couple direct reports.

No idea when that will be, but I think probably soon.

Interesting thing is he didn't put me under the new supervisor, but moved me into the other group. So a lateral move, but I'm not sure exactly why.