Old 08-19-19, 03:44 AM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
I've had it with Louis Garneau bicycling crap!

I've had it with Louis Garneau bicycling products! They're crap in my opinion.

First, the Louis Garneau Shorts I bought had so much padding in them that I was always slipping around on the saddle and got badly chafed on a 40 kilometers (25 miles) ride that was supposed to be a much longer ride.

When I got home I opened up the top rear of the padding/chamois area and removed most of the padding and hope that by doing that the shorts would be somewhat useful. It did help a fair bit.

Early this morning in preparation for a long ride later this morning I put a pair of NOS Look Delta cleats onto my fairly new Louis Garneau road bicycling shoes and then went for a short test ride to a store just over a kilometer away. When I went to unclip my left foot this happened. I am not impressed with the quality of these shoes nor was I very happy when that happened. Fortunately the clerk at the store found me a large elastic band that I was able to use to hold the shoe together so that I was able to ride home.

I was not a happy bicyclist!

At the moment the shoes look like this as I'm trying to glue the sole back on with Gorilla Glue. I hope it works as these shoes are not very old. I'm letting the shoes sit for a least 24 hours before removing the clamps and toe-straps.

Everything that I've bought with a Louis Garneau label on it has failed very early in its life. therefore I'm done with that brand. I did notice that Louis Garneau is no longer made in Canada but is made mostly in China. Well, the quality of Louis Garneau stuff has plummeted in my honest opinion and experience.

Cheers

Last edited by Miele Man; 08-19-19 at 03:53 AM. Reason: First bit of text above the first image didn't make it.