Andy_K 

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 525 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Liked 3,868 Times in 1,439 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa
Daaaamn. That's hot.
Thanks. My brain has been saying that to me pretty much every time I got through the garage. I can't wait to get this on the road.

Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
I like the black rims with silver spokes and hubs. I also like black bar tape and cable housings. You could try celeste but I'm not feeling it. This particular green, and the cromovelato finish has depth and intrigue, and a lot of me would like that to be the focus. The polished silver will brighten things up in the supporting cast role, and the black rims will keep things/the silver in check. Tan wall tires could really finish it off well. Black tires would be fine, so long as they're not larger than 25mm--it keeps the visual mass down, especially if the rims are already black.
Thanks for the guidance. I'm afraid you're right about the celeste. There just doesn't seem to be a good way to work it in. I've ordered some Vittoria Corsa G+ tires with tan walls. I was hoping that would look good here. If not, I've got plenty of bikes with black tires that I know the tans walls would help.

Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
Black rims ftw
Yeah, that's the one thing my visual test above convinced me of. I wasn't completely sure about the bar tape, spokes, hubs, tires, etc., but I think it's pretty clear that the black rims look better.