View Single Post
Old 06-06-13, 06:21 PM
giantcfr1
Ha ha ha ha ha

Bikes: 2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er Aldi Big Box (Polygon) 650b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by freaksho
yes but: 1. they didn't offer that, and 2. the 9 spd SLX are discontinued so they couldn't get them for me, which is why i got them myself. it actually ended up cheaper because i got them on Amazon for $75, while if they could still get them from their distributor it would have cost me closer to $100. but you raise a good point. i have to make sure i still get the Alivio shifters i paid for. i suppose i can get a few bucks for them on c-list or something.

anyway i imagine it would be a hassle for them to offer a thing like this because they'd have to either try to sell the stock shifters separately or work out some kind of credit/upgrade from Jamis or something. for all i know Jamis doesn't even use the SLX line on any of their bikes.
In that situation you did the right thing. It's up to you if you ask for the original levers or not. I'd weigh it up depending if they charge you for the labour or not. Either way you get the bike you want and that's the important thing.