Old 07-21-19, 08:27 AM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 365 Posts
Originally Posted by Blu3b3ar
Thanks for the response! I ended up going to look at it as well as going to some used bike shops in the area and decided a 52 cm would be a better fit. Unfortunately the pictures in the ad were pictures from when they had purchased it from someone else and not the current condition. Between the fit, age, and condition I decided to pass and keep looking. Thankfully during my day of searching I found an awesome used bike shop with great staff so I might wait for them to have something that fits my needs.
You found out what I was going to say when I read the original post. "wheels are true and spin freely" = maybe they are still round, and they spin because we loosened the cones. "Ready to ride" = ready to ride to the next corner and back at most, otherwise the pedals will fall off.

I tried buying a bike on craigslist once and they were all just junk no matter how good the ads made them sound. And for some reason the pics are either too fuzzy to see or just a generic pic of the same model. It also always turns out that they were not being sold by an individual looking to clean out the garage or apartment, but by some guy that picks up junk bikes, lubes the chain and sells them as "ready to ride". And by "picks up", well you can imagine...