View Single Post
Old 07-20-23, 04:01 PM
avidrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Leamdav, consider, the touring bars have many advantages, and they are not expensive (check out your options on Amazon). Take a look the attached photos with butterfly bars on my Escape Disc 1. I have also included some of the hand position advantages of using this type of bar. This bar allows you to choose between an upright position, a drop down position (like drop bars), and an "arrow" position by gripping the middle part of the front bar (see photos). Give them a try . . . you can always return them if they do not work for you (one of the advantages to purchasing via Amazon).

2022 Giant Escape Disc 1, with butterfly handlebars.

These bars are actually 4 inches LESS wide than the straight handlebars that came with the bike. I thought the Giant straight handlebars were too wide (for me, maybe not for you). I like my elbows and hands to line up when I grip the handlebars. This butterfly set up does just that.

The front handlebar grip, for a comfortable and more "upright" ride. I decided to attach the brakes and speed mechanisms to this part of the bars. But it is possible to attach these items to the top part. Your choice.

The top handlebar allows me to lean forward if I need to pick up speed (but speed on this type of bike is not really the goal, but there are times you do need to speed up)!

The "drop" part of this type of handle bar is slightly wider than my elbows, and I only use this position rarely.

The center part of the handlebar allows me to lean forward and ride "arrow", or as arrow as possible on this type of set up.

Last edited by avidrider; 07-20-23 at 04:05 PM.
Likes For avidrider: