View Single Post
Old 02-28-19, 08:55 PM
Bassmanbob

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Supersix EVO 3, 2015 Trek 520, 2017 Bike Friday Pocket Rocket, 2022 Moots Vamoots Disc RSL

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked 267 Times in 140 Posts
Favorite US Century Rides

I am considering doing a distant century ride from my area (SE Florida), and I'd like to know which is your favorite or one that sounds good to you that you may not have done. I'm looking for rides that I can drive to within 14 hours but I'd also consider rides that would require me to fly with my bike. I did fly to NY to do the GFNY last year.
Considerations:
1. Drive to rides within 14 hours would be as far as Alabama, eastern Tennessee, southern Kentucky, the Carolina's, Georgia,
2. Once again, I'm willing to fly with my bike and do a ride outside of the areas I've mentioned above. I love hiking in south Utah/ northern Arizona and would love to bike there too. But anywhere would be fine too as long as it is an interesting or fun ride.
3. Yes, I live in Florida which we all know means I am not accustomed to hills-- I can do hills. The GFNY New York had about 8,000- 8,500 feet of elevation. I can do more as long as I train for it. I've even considered Georgia's Six Gap ride for next year.
3. I would love to do a midsummer ride in one of the northern states, considering that our organized events die down here during our brutal summer.

So what are your favorite centuries? Thanks in advance.