View Single Post
Old 09-06-11, 02:50 PM
tagaproject6

Bikes: Wilier Izoard XP (Record);Cinelli Xperience (Force);Specialized Allez (Rival);Bianchi Via Nirone 7 (Centaur); Colnago AC-R Disc;Colnago V1r Limited Edition;De Rosa King 3 Limited(Force 22);DeRosa Merak(Red):Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Hydro(Di2)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Adambomb
Hi all: Six weeks ago while riding a century ride in Maine I crashed and broke my acetabulum (hip socket bone) pelvis, in several pieces. It has been repaired and I'm now on crutches awaiting another 6 weeks wehn i can try to start walking again. So, I'm trying to think positively and ant to ride again. But at this point i'm scared sh*tless at the thought. Has anyone recovered from an injury like this and gotten back on the bike? How long did it take and did you ever get your courage back to be as good as you were prior to the accident. I'm 45 yrs. old and see my mortality now! Thanks for any and all feedback.
I feel for you. The most difficult thing to overcome is the psychological barrier and different people react differently regarding trauma (physical and psychological). Take your time and talk about it...what makes it worse is keeping the fear inside and it manifests itself in totally different and sometimes unrelated way. We all have different coping mechanisms and I hope that you find yours.