Old 05-28-18, 08:36 AM
CMBravo

Bikes: Fuji Altamira 1.3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jarrett2
For those of you reading through this thread, please be aware that based on what he is posting here, KraneXL is not very knowledgeable about the latest research on ketogenic diets. Some of what he is saying shows he is confused on some of the facts, other things he is saying are just flat wrong.

If you are truly interested in what the diet is all about, please do some Google searches and look for the various MD's and Phd's that recommend and offer information about the current state of the low carb and ketogenic diets. It's not dangerous, its not new and it works very well for a number of people. Feel free to PM me if you'd like more info.
On Aug 27,2016 I was diagnosed T2 diabetic. I was weighting 278 lbs ,high blood pressure,.cholesterol and had sleep apnea. Endocrinologist sat me down and suggested low carbs and weight loss. If in 3 mths I did not improve my medical profile ,would prescribe insulin....I googled the issues and found several interesting programs. Diet Doctor,and Dr Jason Fung YouTube videos. Both Keto diet to lower A1C approach. I also purchased a road bike. Long story short ,lost 74lbs. ,sleep well and rested. more energy.I ride 20-30 miles 2-4 times a week weather permitting . avg 15mph. with sprints of 20-22 mph. Am 65 yrs old.
Would like to bring weigh dwn to 170 lbs and increase my mph to 17-18 ,perhaps do a century.
Looks like I have stuck my self in 204 for past 2 mths. Is it to much protein .Do you guys adjust as your weigh goes down? wondering if to much protein could be the culprit