View Single Post
Old 06-20-18, 06:39 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 181 Posts
Looks like most sources sell the Giant Roam 3 for $490. In that price range you get an entry level bike with entry level components. That's not a knock on the bike, just reality. One thing I don't care for is the front suspension. At least it has a lockout so you can lock the fork in one position when you are riding on the road. The truth is that most entry level forks aren't worth very much and are there more as an inducement to buy the bike than for function. I'd rather the manufacturer put the few dollars it takes to have a suspension fork into other components that make the bike work better. What do you get for more money? Generally better components and lighter weight. I have two old but higher end MTBs, one with a Manitou suspension fork and the other with a rigid fork. It's only on rough trails that the suspension fork makes a real difference.