View Single Post
Old 12-19-18, 10:54 AM
zjrog

Bikes: 1986 KHS Fiero, 1989 Trek 950, 1990 Trek 7000, 1991 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, 1992 Trek 1400, 1997 Cannondale CAD2 R300, 1998 Cannondale CAD2 R200, 2002 Marin San Rafael, 2006 Cannondale CAAD8 R1000, 2010 Performance Access XCL9R

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 385 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by cobalt123
Hello, I'm a new guy here. I'm sorry about your dad. Condolences.

My doc keeps threatening me with that surgery. That and the potential for diabetes has me kicking ass and taking names... down almost 23lbs from 350 so far (I'm 6'2"). My bike experience is 20 years old or more. I still haven't even figured out where to go buy stuff. But I have a bike arriving on Thursday and my trainer came today! I'm dying to get moving and get some variety in my workout.

So, we can encourage one another. And kick this fat thing in the ass!
Thank you. I appreciate that.

I hated that I felt too top heavy to feel safe on my bike on the trainer. I found an older performance branded trainer that locks the rear in like most trainers, but also locks in the front droppouts and is quite sturdy. I didn't even feel safe on that on my way up to 378. I do now. Got my new cables and chain yesterday, and hope to get started cleaning the shifters tonight.

I chose to have the sleeve to avoid malabsorption issues associated with gastric bypass. Plus, I work in the desert and my 5 ounce stomach will handle more water quickly than a 1 ounce pouch. Also, if the hole from the pouch to the rerouted plumbing were to be plugged, it could be 3 to 5 hours to get to an ER... I had other reasonings as well, that my surgeon agreed with me. I already feel much etter, heart rate and blood pressure are down, I'm not diabetic, so that wasn't an issue.I breathe much easier too...

Lets kick it my friend!