Old 06-16-19, 06:41 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Caliente is a real DOG. So is the World. The 1970s Grand Prix was a dog too. The 1980s Grand Prix on your link above is better.

Within your budget, there is a Dawes Atlantis that looks pretty interesting on your C/L. Nice Lotus Excelle too. Nice Atala but too small.

Simple "trick" on Craigs list. Do a search by price, be sure to put a low price and high price in your search, otherwise you get all the bikes that don't have a price listed, which will be a lot. The other place to look is Facebook Marketplace. Its really coming on strong here with sellers, buyers are not yet up to scrutinizing it, so I have found some GREAT deals on FB marketplace. The other tip, not so sure about Brooklyn market, but bicycle co-ops can be an excellent source. I volunteer at a co op in my area and buyers get nice bikes that have been checked out, adjusted, and are ready to ride.

If your budget is $300, put in a lower price as most used bikes will need some attention, tires, tubes, etc.

Last edited by wrk101; 06-16-19 at 07:11 AM.