View Single Post
Old 06-17-19, 04:22 AM
BigChief 

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 85 Posts
Originally Posted by usarnie1
I will take your advice and apply rubbing compound to the paint and see if the paint's lusture returns. I have ordered a reproduction Hercules Royal Prince sticker for the chainguard. It will be arriving soon from RedBubble.com and that will help the looks of the bike a lot. Additionally, I have ordered tan colored pannier bags and a matching tan triangle bag that goes within the bikes "V" portion of the frame from an e-bay seller in China. Since this bike is a keeper, I do not regret spending any additional money on my bike. I also want to add Schwalbe creme collored tires to the bike. Currently, the bike is 99% rust free and I am ridding this bike 3 times a week. Each time I ride, I add extra miles to my ride.

Thanks,

Arnie
Post some pictures over at the For the love of English 3 speeds thread. That's where us old English bike fans hang out. In fact, if you have before and after pics, post them too. We love to see projects come along. Not long ago, a member posted a video on rebuilding these Hercules hubs. It's an older Sturmey Archer design so a bit different than the usual AW hub.