View Single Post
Old 03-15-18, 08:46 PM
355Mono

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
I just got my 2016 Tread 1.1 last week, and have been on 3 fifteen mile rides, on local paved, busted, potholed roads. 23 lbs, smooth shifting 105's (since they were tweaked), and my own saddle. I'm happy with what I consider to be a great value, at $700, from Nashbar. It just depends on WHAT your needs are. I wanted an off season, drop bar training bike. I'll probably do some gravel trails, etc., but this allows me to start riding much earlier in the season. I've owned Treks for many years, MTN, and road. Kids, expenses, schools, guitars, have limited my bike budget. I also ride a Kestrel RT 1000 SL Di2. This bike has upped my game for longer, faster group rides. The quick shifting, quick reacting Kestrel does what I need it to do, on my faster rides. Also, budget friendly. It's easy to overthink all this stuff. I was not feeling right about $1900 to $2500 for a Domane Gravel, carbon or alloy. Or , a multitude of other bikes. This is a fun and helpful site for information. I do think half the fun is researching, and shopping. At some point you realize a bunch of different bikes will probably make you happy. And, you gotta' start somewhere. That's my personal Tread story, and I think everyone should be riding a Tread! (what was the question?)