View Single Post
Old 08-21-19, 07:08 AM
mantis
Don't Bug Me

Bikes: Canyon Aeroad CF SL 8.0 Disc, Cervelo S2, Look 585, Specialized Rockhopper

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 16 Posts
I don’t race ever and I ride my bike every mile as spirited as my (sometimes feel like a noodle) legs will allow.

I look at the introduction of disc brakes to cycling almost in the same way I look at the introduction of indexed shifting. Once I rode a bike with indexed shifting (it was even downtube mounted) I never ever wanted to go back to non-indexed. It started a sea change to cycling sophistication, and try to find a new bike now with the old friction shift system.

For me me it was the same thing when tried hydraulic discs, I loved them instantly and I was amazed the technology had been developed for bikes. It doesn’t matter to me that I’m not descending a mountain at 60 mph, it’s just a much more sophisticated and effective way to stop a bike, which if you think about it a second, is pretty darn important no matter what kind of riding you do. Everyone should do as they want, but my money is going to be spent on bikes with discs.
Likes For mantis: