donnamb 
tired

Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8, U frame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bragi
1. Is it hard for motorists to see that there's a trailer behind your bike? (I'm concerned about someone turning, running into my trailer because they don't know it's there, and dragging me backwards down the street...)
I've never had that problem, but you could use one of those tall, orange flags if you were concerned.

2. I need a trailer that you can break down (I live in a condo), that's sturdy enough to haul an 8hp outboard motor, and that's not too expensive. I'm not handy, so I probably won't make my own trailer unless I have to. Any suggestions?
How heavy is the motor? I have the Burley Flatbed that AllenG has in his photo. It's very versatile, but has a 100 lbs weight limit. I understand if you mod it with a board on the bottom, it can carry more weight. It's $200, but I'm willing to be there are some shops in Seattle that would do layaway if it's too much at once. It only weighs 13 lbs, and will fit in small spaces on its side - even if you don't want to remove the wheels.

I must say that having the trailer has been very liberating for me.
"Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."