Old 05-17-19, 09:39 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
I've got a small collection of boxes showing up on the front porch this week. Hopefully it's spread out enough to not garner too much attention. Lol.

All TT bike related. I like it enough I'm going to get it where I want it.

On the way:

used 5x130 170mm crank
used Dura Ace 2nd gen Stages meter
Garbaruk 1x chainring
Giro laceups
Corsa Speed tubs

Hiding out in the shed:
aero Speedplays

Finally, I won't have to swap over the meter and pedals anytime I want to ride that bike. I haven't used the small ring since I got it ride-able.

I sound like a wuss, but can't decide if I want to do the state TT champs or not. I haven't ridden the bike on the good tires yet for a good run.

My slow category even seems fast from old year's results. They did a pan flat coastal ride years past, and in morning perhaps with no wind. The top 3 all were 26 to 26.5mph for a 40k. Geesh.

I know I do routes with some rollers, **** pavement, and some wind......but my 10mi times with hills involved aren't even close. Like 24mph. I pulled a 23.5mph 18 miler as part of a duathlon having to hold back on a gentle rolling course.

If the best indicator of performance is performance, a'la Coggan, then I still suck too much to go do that. But maybe the pressure, preparation, and atmosphere may do me good.