View Single Post
Old 08-21-19, 05:35 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,434 Times in 816 Posts
You mention you had a bike fitting. You also state that you have not made any changes before the sores started. Were there any changes made in your position on the bike or with the setup of the bike due to the fitting? I had a problem with saddle sores this year after getting very few in all my years of cycling. I tried different saddles, but they did not help. I decided to do some self analyzing on my bike set up and on my position on the bike. I realized I had developed a lot of bad habits when riding. It started with my getting lazy and not making adjustments on the set up of my bikes. They were all different. I was too far forward or backward on the saddle, my seat post was too high or too low, the handlebars were too high on all with a couple worse than the others. I was not being still on the bike, head and shoulders bobbing, arms moving away from the body, shoulders and neck hunched up and stiff, arms extended to far or not enough, knees pointing to the outside of the bike, etc. I began the process of changing the set up on my bikes and being aware of my position on the bike and staying balanced and still and loose. I also trashed a couple of my bike shorts as they were stretched out, the leg grippers no longer effective, shorts bunching in my crotch and padding not up to par. All these things took some time and testing, and a willingness to changed. I have been riding a lot, 20 to forty miles almost everyday and I have not had a saddle sore in the past 3 weeks. I also retried a couple of saddles that I thought may be a cause of the sores. I am now using two of those, Pro Griffon narrow and Selle Italia C5, on two of my bikes.
Likes For delbiker1: