View Single Post
Old 09-06-19, 04:51 PM
CarloM

Bikes: 2019 TCR Advanced SL1 Disc; 2018 Cervelo S3 SRAM eTap HRD; 2020 Giant Revolt Advanced

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 100 Posts
Originally Posted by sumgy
These types of measurements might be useful if everyone had the same leg length, thigh length, lower leg length, foot size etc etc etc.
But nobody is average.

Basically saddle position should be set so that you pedal using your hamstrings and quads in unison and so that at the end of your ride you should not feel that neither your quads or hamstrings are more sore. Saddle height should be set so that you are balanced and so that you are not reaching or rocking.
I think you misunderstand me. What I meant by "the measurements he gave me" was the result of my own personal fit with him on my TCR Advanced, not some generic set of numbers based on height and inseam. See my post, #8 on this thread. I was attempting to transfer my personal fit measurements, which he gave me on paper, to the SuperSix which I had previously purchased from a different LBS that did not spend 90 minutes giving me a fit (rather, about 5 minutes seat height + 5 minute cleat adjustment since I bought Shimano shoes from them).

The real way to do it would be to bring the SuperSix in to the Giant store that did my fit, and ask them to adjust everything to the spec, which would probably involve them modifying the number of spacers in the stem, maybe ordering a new stem to bring in the reach, etc. etc. But since my TCR is now my daily driver, the SuperSix has been relegated to a super cool art-deco piece on the wall until I get my aero frame, it's not worth the hassle. Especially since at some point I'll probably resell the frame on eBay or CL.
Likes For CarloM: