View Single Post
Old 06-02-19, 04:45 PM
UmneyDurak
RacingBear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 36 Posts
Just did Cascade classic in 3/4. Was mostly there to support teammates and have fun.

The RR was meh. Stayed near the front tried few attacks, and mostly made sure nothing got away. As expected field was blown apart on dirt section. Which I can't ride worth a damn. Which was basically sand. Flatted right after dirt. Apparently there were two follow up cars, and my wheels were in the other one. Was given someone elses wheels. Which turned out to be my teammates. Oh yeah. They were doing "neutral support". Which meant giving out other people wheels.

Crit was super fun. After getting in to the groove I was having a lot of fun staying at/near the front. There was one crash. A junior got away and stayed away. Spoiler, he won all the stages. As I usually do screwed up on last 4 laps, and didn't move up with my teammates, got swamped, and then I couldn't. I had the legs, so could have been top 5 probably, but ended up in top 15.

Circuit race was crazy. One of the hardest races I have done. Field was blown up on lap 2. Some of those turns were scary AF. Would come out of nowhere and if you didn't scrub enough speed you are going in to someones front yard, head first, or barriers. People with disk brakes definitely had an advantage. With carbon rims, and "aero" front brake I had to start braking way earlier to scrub enough speed to make the turn.
Likes For UmneyDurak: