Old 07-01-15, 03:39 PM
TallTourist

Bikes: Vivente Deccan XXXL Slightly modified

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RyanScottDavis:

You're putting too much thought into this, just get on a bike and go, you know what to bring, so go. None of us can tell you what's right for you, you need to learn from your experiences. My only advice is bring lots of tubes and a patch kit and a spare tire and don't get sucked into wasting money on fancy tires because they ALL get flats.

The way I see it, the cheaper the bike you ride the better, that way when it breaks and you can't find the parts you need to replace whatever you need to replace you can just leave the bike behind. You buy a fancy expensive bike now and you'll regret it later because it's guaranteed not to suit you fully. Also: don't even DREAM of breaking in a new Brooks type saddle on your tour and if you have no choice, well, better shave all the hair off your ass (with clippers, not a razor) cause it'll get pulled out or stuck inside saddle sores that WILL occur. Don't ask how I know, lol. On that note: bring a small tin of Bag Balm if you can find it; great for saddle sores.

Best advice ever, though: "Just go!". Touring is awesome. And keep us updated once in a while if you want. I need to tour vicariously right now

Last edited by TallTourist; 07-03-15 at 02:55 PM. Reason: My grammar is sucks