Old 01-17-21, 09:20 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
Color me stupid, but since you are a paying member you should not be getting any ads in the first place. Right?

I got sick of the advertisements myself which was one reason why I now cough up a few bucks/year to be a paid member and not get annoying ads.
I got my yellow jersey and bird from being a contributor to the cycling community at large and also being a mod here for a couple of years.

That being said, before I log in...I'm not logged in. So, I see all of the ads until I do so (which is why I wrote, "I've tried browsing the forum without logging in...". And often times, the page has so much ad-related javascript running that it simply locks up and I can't even get to type in my username and password.

I'm a programmer for a living and can easily spot the offending items. But, this stuff should be caught long before it's released.

I really think that the people who make the decisions about the site don't actively use it...so they don't have to trip over the ad-related drama constantly. Those who do (execs, admins, mods, etc...) have elevated rights so the ads are filtered on the server side for them. So, they don't know how bad it is, either.

I also experience this on other IB sites and sites that use IB software (AudiWorld, MBWorld, ClubLexus) and it's awful there, too.