View Single Post
Old 12-04-20, 02:29 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1033 Post(s)
Liked 2,549 Times in 1,066 Posts
Originally Posted by robertorolfo
The problem is that he doesn't actually have the DeRosa yet. He would have to buy it, just so that we can do the swap. It's a little strange, but this guy is also a pretty strange character. His whole quest for a new bike was spurred by some crazy story about a homeless guy threatening him with a machete and slamming his current De Rosa Primato into the ground repeatedly. Yeah, you can't make this stuff up.

As for the paint, I don't mind the condition at all. It's very rough, but I kinda like that (I could ride it carefree, and it still looks nice to me). My issue is possible damage to the structure/structural integrity. Let me get going on those pics...
Originally Posted by brian3069
This seems overly complicated. What happens if you don't want the DeRossa after seeing it in person, will you feel obligated to make the trade anyway. I wouldn't touch this deal with a ten foot pole. If you want him to have the Somec, sell it to him and find something else to buy.
I'm with brian3069. This all sounds too hinky for my comfort. Enjoy the pretty Somec.