Old 02-25-19, 09:50 AM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Play to your target audience; when I applied for CIO at a City where I knew the mayor was a runner I put my Ironman finish and other outdoor hobbies in my resume. For my current job I left it out because I knew none of the interviewers had an interest in sports. In general I wouldn't put it on there. The biggest impact cycling could have (at least in California) is to ask if there are facilities for people that bike to work; that always impresses people.

Originally Posted by rubiksoval
Different fields different things, I guess. Cat 1 means nothing. I wouldn't ever put anything about cycling on my resume. Ed.D. holds prominence in my school district. The district is actually going through a big HR/political stink at the moment because of issues with "what have you done for me/ are you part of my circle" type thing. Not a path I'm interested in, myself!
We're going through a similar issue; unfortunately most of us don't go to the right church to move up. Promotion means not working from home and its not a raise so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.