View Single Post
Old 02-24-18, 07:31 PM
Grasschopper
He drop me

Bikes: '03 Marin Mill Valley, '02 Eddy Merckx Corsa 0.1, '12 Giant Defy Advance, '20 Giant Revolt 1, '20 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1, some random 6KU fixie

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelhot
@Grasschopper, if I'm not mistaken, the only changes made to the Romin to Romin Evo is the nose is now shorter.

@nesdog, must be nice living in the States with a 30 days full refund policy as there's none where I live at. I've tried the Power and for the most part I like it but just as you mentioned, it feels that it got a bit too wide in the rear, or in other words, it transitions to wide too fast, which is why I think the Power Arc will be a better fit for me (and maybe the Romin Evo as well).

On a side note, do any of you experience chafing/cuts around inner tight/butt-cheek area? When doing rides of distance 80km? Or even 40km with hard effort? Cause I'm trying to identify if it's caused by the saddle or cycling shorts (I'm not using bibs yet, the cycling shorts is a Spesh RBX)
Sorry I've been out of town and didn't have time to respond. Thanks for the info on the Romin. I may have to swap this Power Arc for another Romin. Not sure.

So I've gotten saddle sores in the exact spot you mention recently and is why I've tried different saddles. One thing that has helped...A LOT...is to ditch crappy shorts. And I'm sorry to say that one of those was a brand new pair of Specialized RBX shorts (whatever the entry level is). I've also noted that some of my nicer shorts are chafing in that same area...but I believe that's from the velcro on my saddle bag as my newer shorts (that haven't been ridden with a saddle bag in place) are fine.