View Single Post
Old 03-02-16, 03:38 PM
OnyxTiger
Bonafide N00bs

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Quick CX 4, 2014 Fuji Sportif 1.3C Disc, 2012 Fuji SST 2.0 Ultegra Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by PepeM
It means you have your zones set wrong. Did you do a threshold test to set your zones?
Not sure what a threshold test is. How do I take one? The default setting put me at 187bpm max, but I just changed that setting to 191 based on today's ride.

Originally Posted by ypsetihw
well it means your heart rate was 178 loll

you may not have the level of cardiovascular fitness that you thought, but it should improve. honestly I find my HR to be higher than a lot of people say at a lower perceived level of effort, but everyone is different. go on a few rides and watch it over time, it'll give you a better idea of what you body is doing.
That sounds about right. I definitely don't think I'm anywhere near as fit as I should be.

Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
Which HRM did you get? Is it a chest strap or an optical one on your wrist/arm?
Got a Wahoo TICKR. Got it mainly because Strava is marketing that product, and it had good reviews. Chest strap.

Originally Posted by mvnsnd
This. You probably have the heart rate zones set up wrong in Strava to get that high a suffer score.
Heart rate zone was based on 187bpm... I changed it to 191 and the SS actually changes it's calculations. So that number's accurate, assuming I don't have a HR that's much higher I suppose.