View Single Post
Old 03-02-16, 05:48 PM
OnyxTiger
Bonafide N00bs

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Quick CX 4, 2014 Fuji Sportif 1.3C Disc, 2012 Fuji SST 2.0 Ultegra Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by WalksOn2Wheels
In terms of LTHR, it's possible his is as high as maybe 180. Mine is about 175. The problem with the ride posted is that he's pushing at or near that threshold (which is usually pretty consistent for an individual regardless of fitness or age) for a lot of it and having so-so results in the avg speed department on a really flat ride. Working at training in specific zones will help to build fitness and produce even better results at lower heart rates.
Better results is always better. Here's to hoping this thing works.

Originally Posted by datlas
The calculations for HRmax are estimates. I suspect he has a HRmax of 200-205. But only he can figure that out.
Thinking about doing a strong push over next couple days to see if that number could go up. I'm almost positive I was well above the 200 mark a couple years back.

Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
You said you just got yours, right? When a chest strap goes bonkers the first thing you usually try is changing the battery, but that's probably not it either. Is this happening pretty consistently for you?
Just got it yesterday so first shot. We'll see how the numbers come up next couple rides... If the numbers somehow "normalize" to a different, lesser range, then I can perhaps consider this session an outlier of sorts. If it does however come up in the same range, then one of the main things I'm interested in finding out is whether or not that's indicative of something else going on, good or bad, at this point I'm really not sure.