Old 01-13-20, 07:46 AM
PugRider

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.7C, Shogun Metro AT, Jamis Durango SX, Miyata Alumicross, Fuji Special Road Racer, Mongoose ATB, Fuji SST 1.0 Team, Gitane (?), Specialized Rockhopper SS, Univega Gran Turismo, Univega Supra Sport Mixte, Nishiki Tri-A, Diamondback Coil

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by madpogue
+1 on the '86, good catch on TriBiker19's part. The specs match my '86, right down to the Aero Gran Compe brake levers. I think it was mentioned somewhere way up-thread that the Shimano 600 aero levers weren't quite ready for the '86 model year rollout.

Also, I think it's a 54cm. Mine's a 56, and it has a finger-width or so more head tube. RobbieTunes has one or two (or ten or...) 54s, so he might have a better sense visually.

Tough call on the finish. Yeah, it's one of the rougher ones seen here. OTOH, those graphics may not be much fun to match.

And yes, without poring over the >8000 posts in this thread, I'd be willing to bet a nickel you win the award for the best effing deal on one of these yet.
Yeah I couldn't quite tell with the sizing. Just seemed weird to have center to top of seat tube (I said seatpost earlier, I meant seat tube) be exactly 55.8 and have them round down to 54 instead of up to 56. At any rate, I'm not too finicky with bike sizing, my sweet spot seems to be in the 56 to 58 range, but I've ridden larger and smaller sizes comfortably. Older road bikes kinda stretch you out, too, and I have a nice long old Ritchey stem if it comes to that.

I do get lucky sometimes. Not like some people here, but I do get lucky. It was advertised in the "bike parts" section as a 2 for 1 deal with a clapped-out 24-inch kids bike. When I made the offer on the Centurion after telling the seller it was going to be more work that I thought, he looked at me and said "yeah, ok, but will you still take the other one?" The Magna had a nice pair of Shimano Revoshift shifters on there that I will put on another bike.