Old 01-19-19, 12:39 PM
BobL

Bikes: 2005 Airborne Titanium Upright; 1998 Trek 5200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
OMG. What tests did the cardio run? I've had a full workup for less cause! You are certainly right to be concerned. The frequent urination is totally f*****, as it's a sign of heart failure. Hit the google machine and then be your own advocate at the cardio's! Or bring your SO who might want to do a little dance on his desk. My guess would be a pacemaker.

Re the previous discussion: This is what friends are for.
They did an exercise stress test with a radioactive dye for imaging when I finished the run. Then an echocardiogram. They take a continuous ECG while you're running on the inclined treadmill. The last time this happened was in the middle of the night a year ago. The previous time was in the middle of the night a year (two years?) before that. That's the only time I had the frequent urination. I would think if I had heart failure it wouldn't be two nights over a year apart, it would be continuous and worsening. The entire period from my 60th to the Middle of the Night stuff was during the period when I had knocked off riding, I started back the last week of last August. Rode indoors until the temperature outside wouldn't melt an aluminum bike out from under you - about mid-October.

Ever had too much salt? You pack on some extra water and at some point you body gets rid of salt and water together? No, I don't recall if I had too much salt, but I've suspected an electrolyte or mineral imbalance like that was causing both the weird pulse and the urination.

I also have that Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (as do most guys at 65), or "prostate the size of Rhode Island" as I like to say. That makes me more likely to get up during the night, but I usually only get up once.

Just got back from my regular 13 mile, every other morning ride. It's nice that, at 65, I can see progress almost every ride. Getting a little faster, handling the headwinds a little better. Technically, I'm still 64 for another two weeks.