View Single Post
Old 04-27-19, 08:57 PM
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
Its so nice to have you reply here East Hill, your rescue of those Senior Arabians seems fitting for you to be doing. That last sentence sums up what you imparted on me, and many of the others here. They are what I strive to live by each day. Thank you, Mam.

Now, if someone could persuade @Beverly to post what she is doing now.

Bill

What a pleasant surprise to get an email saying my name had been mentioned here. I've read the thread and am happy to see several names I still recognize. I enjoyed catching up with what many have been doing.

I'm still cycling but switched to a recumbent trike a couple of years ago. A childhood back injury, a year of successfully fighting breast cancer, and old age finally caught up with me. I still have the uprights and ride them for short distances but everything else is done on the Catrike. I even installed an electric assist on it so I can continue to ride hills and longer distances.

After 15 years of volunteer bike work with the local MetroPark and 6 years of volunteer work with GOBA (Great Ohio Bike Adventure) I've turned all my volunteer positions over to the younger cyclists and I just ride. Most riding is done with the Dayton Cycling Club and other rides in the area. One I've done the past couple years and enjoy is the Bourbon Country Burn in Lexington, KY. Most of my riding is still done with my long-time biking friends, Richard and John.

There was no particular reason or event that caused me to stop posting. I'm sure it was just getting busy with other activities. I do post on FB. If anyone is there look me up - Beverly Stanley Owens.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith