Old 04-17-20, 08:57 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Perhaps the answer is to allow race organizers to set the limits and categories instead of seemingly random w/kg zones Zwift chose. Like, custom per the race. Or allow categorization based on prior race results, particularly for TT.

To show how broken some of the TTT stuff is, our group never got booted but bypassed the "system" by having a team A or A+ rider just pull the entire time. You get an 85kg dude holding 350w+ for 45min you're going to go faster just letting him pull instead of having the B riders pull each other at only 300w per turn. No joke, at times the rest of us B's were on superthreshold HR almost the entire time just getting pulled by the A+ dude. Other teams were doing the same thing also. On the flat 28+ mph average speeds for road bike for the TTT for B category. Lol.

I'll try the B and see how it goes. I feel there I could sit in, do some attacks on hills or something. A? It would just be a bunch of boring SS/threshold work just to sit in. I'd rather sit in in Z2 lower Z3 and attack or respond instead.

I couldn't find it, but there's apparently a few "super sprint" 5min races. There's a video of Vegan Cyclist up against a friend who is a body builder. Humorous fun looking little race: