View Single Post
Old 11-14-23, 09:32 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7059 Post(s)
Liked 11,114 Times in 4,746 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
This is my haul from the food bank near at the college near my house (it’s only for wealthy people, very far from the train station and on the top of a hill. Organic produce, etc etc, no homeless people.)
Originally Posted by XxHaimBondxX
Got an address for that food bank where only wealthy people freeload?
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
https://canadacollege.edu/sparkpoint...foodpantry.phpif you look at a topographical map of the route from the Redwood City Train Station to Canada College, one can only reasonably assume that the food bank is not meant for poor homeless people who take the train.

what kind of food bank gives canned wild salmon and walnuts instead of tuna and peanuts?
I'm not familiar with Larry's food bank, but I do work at my own community food pantry -- and I can assure you that none of them are serving "wealthy people." They almost certainly have maximum income thresholds which are directly related to the number of people in a household.

In another thread, Larry explained that he just got a big wage increase, which helped him purchase his new expensive road bike; at my food bank (and many others -- including Larry's, perhaps), the income disclosure is on an honor system: if you write down on the form that your income is below the threshold, we'll serve you. The presumption is that very few people are awful enough to lie in order to get free food.

As for Larry's claim that this food bank is for rich people because (1) it's in an affluent area, and (2) they're giving out canned salmon. Wow, what a crock of crap. Poverty often exists (and is often worse) side-by-side with great affluence, and much of the food given out at such food banks is donated by local grocers. I haul those donations from our local grocers, and they often include high-end cuts of meat, salmon, tuna, etc -- whatever is about to hit its 'sell-by' date.