View Single Post
Old 03-15-20, 05:52 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghazmh
Yesterday was a great day for an all day ride.I packed snacks, a coffee mug, my Bluetooth speaker, and a zip up cycling fleece and rode from home to Myles Standish Forest. It took me 5 hours to get there.

My plan was to ride around and find a campsite for my September mini tour. Once I got to the park I only had about an hour until Mrs Ghazmh and the kids were to rendezvous with me. So instead of making it to the camp area I rode around the park for maybe 20 minutes before heading back to the entrance to sit and rest after the long 74 mile ride. I sat and finished my coffee and reveled in the days accomplishment.
Hi @Ghazmh,

I enjoyed and was impressed by your ride description, especially so early in the year. As I have posted about this Metro Boston thread,
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
"Metro Boston: Good ride today?,” IMO the de facto Metro Boston subforum on the Northeast Regional Discussion Forum:
...I like to write up my rides, as do others on a local discussion thread {link) here in Boston, and for me, it’s more a journal for myself, than for the amusement of other subscribers, though I hope others would find it interesting.

Of course we in Metro Boston all know the region, and each other, at least electronically, so we are a ready receptive audience for each other.

I have thought of that thread as the cycling equivalent of “apres-ski” after a day on the slopes, where we gather to exchange stories, routes, photos, ribbing, and (?) tall tales…
FYA there is a thread on the general Cycling Forum:
Originally Posted by Crosis
"A great cycling day"

Today it was 84 degrees, bright sun and no clouds. I took out the new Trek Checkpoint ALR5. It performed like a gem. Smooth ride indeed. We did about 20 miles. All in all it was a great day to be in the saddle.
The OP does not indicate his location, but I think it would be amusing to post your ride description on that thread to show BF how hardy we Metro Bostonians are, and rebut those sunny-faced cyclists' patronizing attitudes, e.g.
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
"14f degrees and not even winter yet" [11/22/18]

Gonna be a long wait for those June temps to come back
Originally Posted by tyrion
Getting close to 70° here. Might go swimming to cool off after my ride.
I think these lame winter cycling threads really “jump the shark,” when the California and Florida cyclists chime in.
Especially a chilly photo with the bare trees.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 03-15-20 at 06:13 PM.