View Single Post
Old 05-14-20, 03:08 PM
hubcyclist

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh RX 1.0, 2018 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 337 Posts
Chiming is as a mostly indoor person. I used to kind of feel silly working out indoors when the weather is so nice, but I was never very good at executing structured workouts outside, so when I got the Hammer and really devoted myself to trainerroad, I got an immense amount of satisfaction of completing workouts indoors. Unless I have some sort of 4-5hr ride planned, I actually don't have a ton of motivation to go outside when I can do something way more structured inside and listen to whatever on the headphones, watch soccer (when it was on lol).

These days, since I take the lead in the morning with homeschooling, I try to get my stuff done by 9am, before all this, I'd get in a late morning ride (I work from home full time), but I've gotten pretty good at shaking off the cobwebs after my coffee and knock out the workouts before getting on with the rest of life (I did 3x20 @ 90% twice this week just after my first latte).

I still love just riding, but I also love the process of training, even if I'm not training for anything in particular other than self improvement.