Old 01-11-21, 09:30 AM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1455 Post(s)
Liked 2,197 Times in 963 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Interesting. I'm all for the build, but I have to ask - how do you plan to install the anti-rotation washers in the vertical drops? Unlike Shimano or Sturmey's HMW534, I don't think SRAM ever made an anti-rotation washer for the application - though, of course, you can do what I did and file a pair of Shimano washers to fit.

I have no experience with the Spectros, but between the potential rebuild and the lack of rotation washers, I'd chuck it up on eBay as-is. Use the profits to get one of the former bike share Nexus 8 hubs that show up every now and then for cheap. You'll have a better chance of reliability, and the right washers for vertical installation are available with a click on the internet...

-Kurt
Kurt,

Thank you for this advice. I didn't realize there would be a "rotation washer" issue. IIRC there are a set of washers in the box. However, I'll check them with the hub in the dropouts and see what I experience. And I'll take pictures, or it didn't happen.

I don't mean to hijack this thread in anyway--- but of course I do have some deep history in this project!

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com

Likes For pastorbobnlnh: