Old 10-01-19, 02:49 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3951 Post(s)
Liked 7,296 Times in 2,946 Posts
Originally Posted by davei1980
Not a bad thought here but you're neglecting the pressure for advertisers, sponsors, interchangeability..... all those things factor in to competitive racing. The whole idea that you would base your tire decision on what they're doing in the world tour is insane.

Originally Posted by davei1980
You would be surprised how hard it is for good ideas to permeate in to competition - the PR is one thing, but I would absolutely argue wider than 42 tires would benefit the DK competitors. That said, buying a bike or tires based on competitions which you have no intent of entering is nonsense.
Your premise is that extremely wide tires are faster and more efficient. Cyclists who make their living going fast on a bicycle clearly disagree.

I run 25mm and 32mm tires interchangeably on my road bike and my gravel bike. The 32mm tires are more comfortable on rough pavement, but there is no question the 25mm tires are faster on all but the worst pavement.

And yes, my equipment buying decisions are influenced by the opinions of the fastest cyclists. Why? Because they know more than recreational cyclists about riding fast.
Likes For tomato coupe: