View Single Post
Old 04-09-20, 03:57 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by buzzman
I did a Southeastern MA ride today (Sunday) and ended up on the Cape. Great ride. On Tuesday I'll ride over to Providence, RI spend a day there then ride back to Boston (Newton, actually). I may do a longer loop out into western RI ( my old stomping grounds) and then back to Boston that way.
Originally Posted by lcdel
In the Back Bay now but spent a year in Providence, any recs on routes there and back? I’d love to ride over for a day trip!
Wow...that quote from @buzzman was from way back in 2009; I haven’t seen a post from him in quite a while; since 8/7/17 according to his profile.

He was (is) a favorite BF subscriber of mine and we corresponded a few times, including PMs. As a relatively new BF subscriber in 2010 I posted:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
"Celebrating 40 years of bike commuting this year! WARNING: Long post!"

Hey Buzzman,

Congratulations on those forty years and all that advice. I’m pleased to have made your acquaintance on Bikeforums, and I’m glad you are a fellow Bostonian (even a Newtonian is cool too). I consider you the elder statesman of BF...
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
Either quoting a member, or using a "Mention" with the "@" character ahead of their screen name is flushing the Once Forgotten members out of their holes
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
…For those Fifty-Plus and older, I'm reminded of that frequently repeated 1960 TV version of Peter Pan with Mary Martin, in which Tinkerbelle was fading away, and Peter Pan pleaded with the TV audience,"If you believe, clap your hands; don't let Tink die."
Originally Posted by Rowan
This thread is just wonderful. And yeah, Stapfam is one of the people who I do miss a little here.

But it has been excellent to see some other people posting here who haven't in a while. Any chance they can stick around for a while?
Keep clapping.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 04-09-20 at 04:12 PM.
Likes For Jim from Boston: