View Single Post
Old 08-16-19, 08:17 PM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
Speaking of color... the back half of the bike is scratched and chipped up a bit, spd cleats can be murder on paint. Need to find some touch up paint in this color. I can't justify the budget for a full repaint, but I think it'll look fine with a dab here and there.

The mechanicals are fine. It's old Deore/XTR 8-speed with barend shifters, which I don't feel is in need up upgrading at this point. It does what we need it to do, and always did it well. I'll clean it all up and re-lube though.

I just swapped some Kool Stop pads into the cantis, but I'd like to explore brake options in the future. Hoping the supply of compatible drum brakes holds up long enough for me to save for it. Or... a suitable disc adapter.

Pulled the aging (gumwalls starting to get brittle) Panaracers and wrapped on some 37c Conti Contacts, at least for now. While I think we can get a few more miles out of this wheelset, I think I'll want to replace the rims/spokes. The Edco hubs are in fabulous shape.

As mentioned before, saddles, bar tape, cables and housing will be replaced.