Old 01-21-21, 07:02 PM
Andy_Z

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by subgrade
Just make sure the wide range cassette with the 10T cog fits your freehub. I believe only SRAM XD and Shimano MicroSpline freehubs do this

Uh-oh... For some reason I was under the impression that shimano 10 speed cassettes were backwards compatible with all their 7/8/9 speed freehubs?

That's an insane video. A guy I know here in Seattle went on tour pulling a homemade bike camper, but his was less than 150-lbs and made of old corrugated plastic campaign signs stitched together with nylon zip-ties. Easier to tow but probably a lot less cozy.

The trailer mount they had made was a good idea, but obviously they botched the design by bringing the load path over the top tube and around the seatpost, so high above the stable plane of the hubs. It's no wonder he had almost zero control of the bike. A better option is something like the rear-triangle trailer mount sold by BikesAtWork.com. Also, not having trailer brakes is a terrible idea with so much weight, that guy is lucky it was just his bike that was destroyed, and not both his legs, or worse. After all, 700-kg is over 1,500-lbs so almost 5x the weight of my boat!