Old 12-10-18, 03:41 PM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Well the bikes were due here on Tues. But a nice surprise was this morning’s Fed Ex ground tracking report that they would be delivered today. It was a little too cool in North Central Fl today so waiting around for the truck wasn’t a problem. They arrived just before noon. I assembled mine the medium first and it took around an hour as I read each step and double checked everything. My wife’s the XS only took about 15 minutes. I had intended to take a number of photos of the put together… But I kinda got into it and by the time I remembered the phone they were done. Very easy to put together and the quality is amazing. Even got a tag on the frame signed by the person that assembled the bike at the factory and the person that packed it. There are many y-tube videos on the unpacking of Canyon bikes and I have been at my LBS to see how many of the Giants are packed. I have to say that the guys at Canyon know what they are doing.

Basically the bike was assembled. The only things needed were to unpack the box, undo the velcro straps holding everything together. All the tools needed for assembly were included even the pedal wrench. You need to install the handlebar, put in the seat post (seat attached) and put on the front wheel air the tires and you are done.

Many reviews of Canyon state that you can’t get any extras thrown in on the buy. They have a no discount policy. I found that to be true. But after contacting them I was able to get free shipping ($89 each bike) and 4 water bottles. Plus living outside of CA no sales tax.I have an appointment with a LBS for a check and fitting before our first ride on Thursday.

If you are looking at a new hybrid I would give Canyon a look. Anyone with basic skills can put it together in an hour or so and the value appears to be high. This year they are importing two versions of the Roadlite line. The top of the line 9.0 CF LID (these) and the CF 7.0 which is the same frame based on the new 7000 105 Shimano series for about $400. Less than the Giant FasRoad.