View Single Post
Old 12-16-20, 10:47 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8281 Post(s)
Liked 9,046 Times in 4,477 Posts
Some people figure out the "lemon law" and abuse it. I worked on a guy's truck for an intermittent problem. He claimed we couldn't fix it and got a buy-back. I saw him later with his new truck and I had to ask about the other truck and why he didn't bring it back. He said I did fix it but he decided he wanted an extended cab instead of the regular cab he had bought, so he complained to G.M. and they bought it back so he got the one he wanted without losing any money.

A 19 year old guy gets his mother to buy him a zo6 Corvette. With special wheels and extras it's $105,000 out the door, She pays cash. Kid brings it in almost every day with some stupid complaint, usually saying it's not fast enough. Eventually he has someone put an aftermarket program in, a clear warranty violation, and now it's fast enough. He beats on it for a few months and gets tired of it. He drains the transmission, we think, and ruins it, hoping for a buy back. We fix the transmission, so he blows up the engine and gets his buy back. With lawyer fees he gets a check, made out to him, for $125,000.
Likes For big john: