Old 08-23-14, 01:09 PM
91MF
i'll probably break it

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by europa
A bike fit by a professional is only worth it if the professional looks at you the person, fits the bike to your needs and physical abilities AND, most importantly, needs. Few 'professionals' do that. What most do is apply a 'system' that fits YOU to a predetermined 'ideal', usually aimed at racing. The result is a bike fit that is irrelevant to the user and usually the user's needs, even if they race or like to ride like a racer. Yes, some do get it right, but it's a client by client lottery. I learned this lesson after getting a professional bike fit myself and, at the same time, for my son. It suited my son well. Mine was a disaster and even included selling me the wrong sized bike. Yes, the fitter and his system is highly respected ... among racers.

So please don't glibly say 'a professional bike fit is worth it', because usually, it isn't.

nothing thoughtless about my comment. you put 'professional' in sarcastic quotes, i didn't. I am talking about an actual professional.

so please don't glibly type a paragraph to demean my comment, just because you had a bad experience. the OP is asking about bike fit on the internet and if the only two answers are either:

A) 'have a professional bike fit'

or

B) 'I had a bad experience one time even though my sons fit was great and based on this model alone bike fitting only works 50% of the time therefore I suggest keep randomly making adjustments until you think you get it, regardless of its quality, and meanwhile I will type up paragraphs that attempt to re-enforce my ridiculous views that literally go against everything that we know about the human body and its mechanics.'

which one would you choose?