Old 02-25-21, 09:45 AM
JB_Nicholson

Bikes: Specialized Diverge Elite E5 - 2021

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
I've seen folks ride single speed balloon tired bikes on doubles, and a woman rode one of those, complete with flowers in the basket, on PBP. She was not your average rider, however. If it were me, I'd put on a pair of Continental 5000 in 28mm. OTOH, if you won't be riding paved except for this one ride, I wouldn't switch out the tires, not worth the expense. OTOH, maybe you'll love riding long distance on paved roads and . . .
Originally Posted by Iride01
Just don't do your tires or any other changes immediately before your big day. Try to get all that done a few hundred miles before if possible.

You might also be surprised what some people ride if this is a big event with 600 or more. I get amazed at how older people that appear more out of shape than me appear do better and go faster than I do.
I love the idea of finding a larger event - we'll see what's doable by late spring early summer with COVID...

Loving all the tire reccos as well. I'll probably give it a few weeks of ridding to see if I end up on more gravel than road or vise versa. Those Continentals do look awesome. As a total newbie I'm going through the "buy everything" phase right now... spare tubes, patch kits, wrenches, tire levers, new pedals, shoes/clips... you name it! It's fun but I may have to hit pause and ride a bit more before springing for the new tires. Let me wallet catch up with my new hobby haha