Old 09-26-19, 05:41 PM
VintageTTfan

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 193 Posts
Originally Posted by riva
I asked the guy how many he has and he told me something like "right now I have only one" which made me suspect he has more.. Prices are going up, I bet he is running out.. I read Mr. Tunes post and come to the same realization. In the end, the thing is physically the same thing regardless of if it was an officially licensed product from the era or not.

How much does a decent 80's paint job and a set of period decals run these days? Its like you're getting a free frame!! If you choose to look at it that way.
Yeah it is the dishonesty of it that pisses me off. So it sounds like he did the same to you. I am sure it is an officially licensed product. NO ONE would go through all the trouble to make this as a fake. Centurion (in USA and Germany both) was never a make that was known for respected time trial frames. I could see someone making fake Pinarellos or Colnagos or Rossins or the like. That would be worth the trouble because you could fetch a high price for your fake. But Centurion time trial fakes...No way! It is not a fake ...it is an official product for sure and it was made for German Centurion. My bike mechanic and son who are vintage experts are sure that the frame design and construction and paint are all from the late eighties. I have held a few of these in my hands and yes even I can tell. And by the way good paint jobs are not so cheap.

Not sure if he is running out....it took him forever to sell the last one.