View Single Post
Old 08-31-18, 07:44 PM
Brett A
Word.

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker, Orbea Oiz XCountry Bike, Specialized Roubaix, Borealis Echo Fat Bike for Winter, many others out in the barn.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by LuckySailor
The Trucker was a great bike indeed, but I felt like I was driving a semi truck (...)
I can vouch for this. I have a 2016 Disc Trucker with 26" wheels, full fenders and Tubus racks front and rear. I can report that it rides like a tank. It really doesn't seem to matter if it's loaded or not. It's not going to go fast or respond with agility. I often tell my bicycling friends it only likes to go 10 -14 mph. It doesn't matter how much force you put into the pedals, it just says "Nope, we're only going to go 14, max. I don't care how hard you work." (For comparison, I tend to average ~18+ mph on a regular road bike). It's best to consider this a charm; all you can do is relax and enjoy a leisurely pace, although charming, that sometimes isn't too fun. Loaded, it rides insanely smooth and stable, but if you're going to use it unladen, be advised you'll be riding a brick.